Sunday 11 July 2010

This is the blog I have established for my forthcoming journey along the Silk Route. Together with 4 friends I will be travelling from Xi'an to Kashgar in China and then on into Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan following one of the main routes of the ancient Silk Road. The journey will commence on 2nd October 2010 after the opening of the new Daming Palace National Heritage Park in Xi'an. I have been working as a consultant on that project with Heritage and Tourism International (HTI). HTI is a partnership of Team Tourism Consulting, Oxford Archaeology and Imagemakers and now has an office in Xi'an.
I will be taking photos and notes of the main heritage sites along the route and will keep this blog up to date. The journey will end on 8th November 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment