Tuesday 9 November 2010

The End

Moss Rose, the home of "The Silkmen"



How do I finish this blog about our 6 week journey of a lifetime? Maybe I will try to do the western half of the Silk Road one day, starting in Tashkent and ending in Istanbul or even Rome. Of course those of you have read this blog from the beginning will know that the true end of the present day Silk Road is Macclesfield in England!

So if anyone is inspired by these photos and wants to contact me, my email address is

You can find out more of what I do when I am not travelling by looking at my web site: www.grahambarrow.co.uk

How to end? Well how about with what I think was my favourite photograph in Samarkand and the home of "The Silkmen" - Mose Rose, Macclesfield, Cheshire, UK.
Oh and just one last thing. My late Dad, Sydney Barrow, was a professional photographer and these photographs are dedicated to him and the introduction to photography that he gave me as a boy in Gosport, Hampshire. I do not know what he would have made of all this newfangled digital stuff! I haven't really tried to take photographs seriously since my teens so maybe this trip will have triggered something.




No comments:

Post a Comment